When you inspire confidence in your subjects, the results can be outstanding.
New York City-based photographer, Brooke Ismach, talks about how she keeps her boudoir clients confident throughout the process. Of course, the client has to be confident in her photographer. That goes without saying. But, as Brooke explains, it’s also crucial for the photographer to understand the motivations of the subject, and to be able to communicate with her on a human level. Some key points she makes in the video:
- Know why she wants boudoir photos at this time
- Have her tell you what she feels her strengths are for photos like this
- Beautiful hair and makeup help build confidence
- Start with what she feels is a strong wardrobe choice
- Get some good, immediate shots for her to see and feel good about